İstanbul Technical University is a research university. Its objective is handling problems at regional and global scale to be solved in fields, generating new ideas, developing new perspectives and creating new values. It meets the needs of researchers with intelligent young minds that it has molded. On the other hand, it is leading research in many areas, turning them into prototypes and providing adequate conditions. As being a pioneer university, carried out many projects throughout its 240 years history, it has shown that it is a research university capable of competing globally with ongoing and future projects.
Turkey’s first local helicopter “Arıkopter”, first cubesats “İTÜpSAT1”, first communication satellite “Türksat3USAT”, first driverless car “Otonobil”, first hydrogen-powered boat " Martı " and first electric mini bus, launched by İTÜ. In the scope of İTÜ, 360 r&d labs and 9 research centers are in service.
- National High Performance Computing
- CenterHousing Research and Training Center
- Satellite Communications and Remote Sensing Center
- Dr. Orhan Öcalgiray Molecular Biology-Biotechnology & Genetics Research Center (MOBGAM)
- EMCOL Research Cent
- Disaster Management Center
- Science, Engineering and Technology at Women's Studies and Application Center (BMT-KAIM)
- Environment and Urban Planning Practice and Research Center
- Prof. Dr. Adnan Tekin Materials Science and Manufacturing Technology Application and Research Center (ATUM)
- Sea and Marine Sciences Technologies Application and Research Center
- Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (İTÜ-GİNOVA)