You may visit İTÜ as a visiting/exchange scholar or as a full-time member of academic staff.

See below for details:

  • Short-term visiting scientists

    PhD holders who wish to carry out academic studies at İTÜ may apply directly to the relevant unit (faculty/institute/research center etc.). It is your responsibility to find an İTÜ correspondent researcher as a reference for your studies.

    The relevant unit will provide you with an invitation letter for your visa, if necessary. Depending on the visa obligations set forth each country; your allowed duration of stay in Turkey may vary. If your stay exceeds the time allowed by the Turkish Immigration Bureau, you are then required to apply for a residence permit.

    Please check the following link for residence permit applications:

    You are strongly advised to purchase a health insurance before your arrival to İTÜ, which is also required for your residence permit application. 

    You may consult the relevant unit for availability of lodgement.

    You are eligible to apply for an İTÜ campus card with your invitation letter. Please contact the İTÜ Card Office for application.

  • Full-time member of academic staff

How to apply for an academic position at İTÜ:

Whether you decide to apply or have received a job offer from İTÜ, it is necessary to follow the steps given below for a successful job application. 

1- Please send your CV along with your application to apply for a post at the intended unit.

2- If accepted, you will be asked to provide further documents*, which are listed below.  Some of these forms will be provided by İTÜ for your completion.

3- Once you have completed and provided all the necessary documents for your application, the said unit sends a written proposal to the rectorate for your employment at İTÜ.

4- The said proposal is sent to both the Foreign National Commission and the Personnel Department.

5- The outcome from the Foreign National Commission is then discussed at the University Governing Board.  Lastly, the Turkish Council of Higher Education is informed.

Required documents*:

  • CV, including employment details for the past 10 years.
  • Passport size photograph
  • Certificates/diplomas
  • Passport photocopy
  • Visa request form
  • Personal ID form
  • International Personnel form for first time employment (To be filled out by Unit/ İTÜ)
  • YÖK form (For those intending on teaching a foreign language, Internationally acceptable certificates to show eligibility of teaching a foreign language)vİS